Happy August, y’all! Can y’all believe it’s already August? This month, my baby girl turns TWO years old (cue all the mama tears!). July was a good month for us, all-in-all. It was relatively quiet which was kind of nice! I’m excited to share what we did this month and things I loved!
WHAT WE DID THIS MONTH
- At the start of the month, to celebrate the 4th of July, we had a little cul de sac celebration with our neighbors. We had such a blast grilling out, playing lawn games, the kids played on the swings and we set off fireworks. It was a really fun way for us to celebrate America’s birthday!
- I went to Nashville for a quick little work trip with my boss Laura from Walking in Memphis in High Heels and her photographer, Mary Kate. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland resort which was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I had never stayed at a Gaylord resort before and I’m so glad that Opryland was my first. This resort is gorgeous and so unique. We had an opportunity to hang out at their indoor/outdoor water park, called Sound Waves. We got a private cabana for the day and we lounged and it was a super relaxing mama break for us!
5 THINGS I LOVED THIS MONTH
- Favorite clothing item: I was recently gifted this insanely comfy top. I’ve been wearing it pretty much non-stop since I got it. This top is so soft and comfy. It is the perfect length, perfectly oversized and just the comfiest!
- Favorite beauty item: I don’t know that this could really be considered a “beauty” item but we’ll call it that. I decided to try out the Quip toothbrush. There’s been a lot of hype around it and I’ve been dying to try it. When we were in North Carolina last month, my SonicCare tooth brush went on the fritz so I needed something new. So far, this toothbrush has been pretty good!
- Favorite TV show: Let’s just say that I’m a creature of habit. I watch the same shows over and over again for whatever reason. This month, we have been re-watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
- Favorite movie: Macie has been on a Little Mermaid kick and that was pretty much on replay this month!
- Random favorite: We decided that Macie needed a headrest holder for her tablet. This one from Amazon has been fabulous! She often has snacks in her car seat and then the tablet gets all icky from her messy little hands. With the holder, she can watch a movie or a show while she eats and the tablet stays mess-free!