WHAT WE DID THIS MONTH
In our laundry room, I have a family calendar hung up. It’s a white board calendar so it’s easy to change and edit. At the top where I’ve written then month and year, for May I wrote “the one where we go to leave the house” haha! May was a really fabulous month for us and I think that’s for many reasons.
For starters, it was a completely fresh start in a lot of ways. As you know, I had a miscarriage in April. That in and of itself made May a fresh start for us. But, it also just so happens that Oklahoma began the process of reopening! So, we were able to go out to dinner one night, the zoo opened back up and we’ve done that a few times, stores are slowly reopening and life is beginning to feel a little normal again. So to me, this month felt really fresh and new and to be honest, I’m a little sad to see it go.
- We played a lot with neighbors and friends
- Hit the Oklahoma City Zoo!
- Built ladder golf and played that almost every night
- Re-furnished our back patio and spent just about all day every day out there
- We headed out on a mini road trip to Dallas to see family
5 THINGS I LOVED THIS MONTH
- Favorite clothing item: These jean shorts from Target are the bomb.com y’all. They are under $20 and super comfy! I would size up just for a little roomier fit!
- Favorite beauty item: Since the hotter weather has showed up, I’ve been on the hunt for a SPF moisturizer. A friend recommended this one from CeraVe and I decided to give it a try. It’s still new to me so I’ll keep you updated but so far so good!
- Favorite TV show: This month, we watched Married at First Sight and it was such a good binge! Only season 9 is on Netflix right now but we are hoping they add older seasons so we can watch those too!
- Favorite movie: We mostly watched new-to-us TV shows this past month but an older movie we did watch again recently was The Judge and I was not disappointed. It’s a favorite!
- Random favorite: A little backstory to this one – when my sister got married, all of the groomsmen were given these Yeti Rambler colsters (a can/bottle coozie) as a gift from my brother-in-law. I honestly forgot that we had this until just recently when I opened a drawer and found it. Since we’ve been spending a lot of time out back and on our recently refurnished patio, I decided that I wanted something to keep my drink cold. So I stole Ryan’s coozie. BUT Memorial Day Weekend, these Rambler colsters happened to to on sale at Dick’s Sporting Goods so Ryan surprised me with a super pretty sea foam one of my own!